1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
3. To confirm minutes of the meeting held on October 1.
4. Matters arising.
5. Finance and fundraising
6. Communications and notifications
7. ‘Countryside News’ and meeting to discuss proposed Parish newsletter 27.10.09
8. Project planning
· 5 ponds
9. Evaluation of events:
· Do One Thing for Birds, 28.10.09
· Wildflower Planting Day 10.10 09
· Dare To Wear It Pink Walk 30.10.09
· OPAL Air Quality Survey, tba
· Tree For All, 4.12.09
· Tree planting and walk in memory of Mike Orme
· SDDC Environmental Forum, 25.11.09
10. Public rights of way reports and maintenance
· Names for footpaths 14 and 15.
· Bridleway diversion
· Report from meeting with Dave Adkins on 14.10.09
· Mower servicing
11. Wildlife site maintenance.
12. Wildlife bank and report from LDAP Training Day 24.10.09
13. Next meeting January 7-appointment of chair.
Frances Prockter (in the Chair)
Sheila Hughes Liz Lenton, Liz Froggatt, Neville Froggatt, Joan Tidy, Wendy Hithersay, Heather Hall, Cllr Seymour Bell, Andrew Laxton, Anne Evans, Val Fellowes, Mary Ross JP MBE, Cllr Martin Woodhouse, Cllr Robert Hudson.
1. Minute Number 106/09/FPG - Apologies
Apologies were received and accepted from Jan Ashford and the Clerk, Clare Orme.
2. Minute Number 107/09/FPG - Declarations of Interests
There were no Declarations of Members Interests.
3. Minute Number 108/09/FPG - Minutes of last meeting held on 1st October 2009
Minutes of the previous meeting were reviewed and agreed to be an accurate record subject to the following clarification. The Crow Park Way Walk will be held on Thursday 27 May 2010.
4. Minute Number 109/09/FPG - Matters arising
There were no matters arising.
5. Minute Number 110/09/FPG - Finance and Fundraising
• Current Account stands at £2,987.93
• Reserve Account stands at £4,815.90
The sum of £83 was taken at the ‘Do One Thing for Birds’ event. The Parish Council were warmly thanked for their kind donation of £250 towards this event. £100 has been awarded from the Woodland Trust for tree planting. Liz and Ann attended the Funders Fayre at Swadlincote Town Hall on 4.11.09. Ian Hey is to come to Findern Parish Rooms at 4pm on 11.11.09 to advise with the funding of education days.
6. Minute Number 111/09/FPG - Communications and Notifications Liz outlined the severe difficulties that the Payback Team are experiencing in sending teams to Findern. She urged the Parish Council to work with the group to find an urgent solution.
Brighter Findern have asked for assistance with bulb planting around the village. A date is awaited.
The land agent employed by the Highways Agency has inspected the two plots of land leased from them. He is delighted with the work that the group have done and complimented us on their progress. He asked that the annual lease fee be paid as soon as possible.
RWE Npower are holding a consultation in Findern Village Hall from 3-7.30pm on 6.11.09. The group will be attending.
Derby City Council have invited us to hold a walk as part of their ‘Lets Go Wild’ programme 2010. It was decided to walk from Derby Moor School to Findern on 11 September 2010.
An email has been received from John Harris about a website he has created entitled www.walkinginengland.co.uk. The website features walks in and around Findern.
7. Minute Number 112/09/FPG - ‘Countryside News’ and Parish newsletter
The first edition of a joint newsletter should be ready for distribution in December. The Parish Council are to investigate ways of producing this newsletter in-house.
8. Minute Number 113/09/FPG - Project Planning
We have been notified by the Highways Agency that the piece of land where we hope to create small ponds is not leased from themselves. Nev is currently investigating as to who the landowner is.
1st Findern brownies expect to obtain a small quantity of hedging. They have asked group members to assist the youngsters with planting on our wildlife sites. We have accepted this kind offer and await a date from them.
Bev Rhodes has offered to visit Findern to conduct a Fungus Foray. Liz is to confirm a date with her.
9. Minute Number 114/09/FPG - Evaluation of events
Andy and James were thanked for their help with our ‘Do One Thing for Birds’ event. The day was pronounced a great success. A Wildlife Quiz Trail is planned for February 17 2010. It was agreed to invite John Dandy to bring along his birds of prey. Liz agreed to discuss insurance arrangements with Clare.
Nev and Wendy were thanked for their excellent organisation for our Wildflower Planting Day.
The ‘Dare To Wear It Pink’ Walk was enjoyed by all and raised £260 for Breast Cancer research.
10. Minute Number 115/09/FPG - Event planning
The Opal air quality survey is planned to take place on Monday 16 November, meeting on the Village Green at 10am.
A toolkit is awaited with final details for the Tree O Clock event planned for 5 December. Members are asked to meet in Cote Close at 10am on the morning. Trees and hedging are to be ordered next week.
Arrangements for the tree planting in memory of Mike Orme were finalised. Joan is to open the gate, Nev and Frances are to supply a spade and Nev is to prepare the site. Coffee will be available in the parish rooms afterwards if required.
A ‘black and white’ walk will be held in aid of the British Heart Foundation on 27 February
It will start from the Derby Ram at 10am.
Members agreed to meet in Lower Green at 6.15pm on 25 November to car share for travel to the SDDC Environmental Forum.
11. Minute Number 116/09/FPG - Public Rights of Way and Stile Replacement Programme
Following discussions with Rights of Way Dept, Matlock and a meeting with Dave Adkins, the group are informed that resurfacing alongside the canal is scheduled for the next financial year. Stile replacement along footpaths 1,3,4 and 5 will be financed this year. Four new routes were suggested, and Dave is to pursue these. Dave has been in contact with RWE Npower and early indications are favourable.
Vic and Di Wright were thanked for helping to clear footpaths 3. 4 and 5. New fingerposts have been received from the Payback Team for footpaths 7 and 10. These will be installed at a later date.
Names are sought for footpaths 14 and 15, as these require new fingerposts. The mower is due for servicing. The Parish Council are to be asked to approve this at a cost of £120-£140 + £25 collection + VAT + parts.
12. Minute Number 117/09/FPG - Wildlife sites maintenance
There was nothing to report.
13. Minute Number 118/09/FPG - Village of the Year
Mary and Wendy were asked to prepare a report following their visit to the awards ceremony. Liz reminded everyone that Findern came in the last 6.
14. Minute Number 119/09/FPG - Wildlife Bank and report from LDAP Environmental Forum
Joan and Liz enjoyed the forum and attended 4 workshops between them. Wildlife recording will now follow a universal procedure followed by other groups. Martin recorded a kestrel over his yard.
15. Minute Number 120/09/FPG - Next meeting and appointment of chair
The next meeting will be Thursday 7 January 2010 and will be chaired by Nev.