Date of Meeting
The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Methodist Chapel on Thursday 7 April 2011 commencing at 7.00pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
Heather Hall (Chair), Liz Froggatt, Neville Froggatt, Cllr Bell, Wendy Hithersay, Anne Evans, Joan Tidy, Frances Prockter, Janet MacDonald (new member), Andrew Laxton (Derbyshire Countryside Service, Anna Cooper and Emma Harrison (Findern Primary School PTA).
Heather introduced everybody and welcomed new member Janet and Emma and Anna from Findern Primary School PTA.
1. Minute Number 301/11/FPG - To receive apologies for absence.
Apologies were received and accepted from Clare Orme (Parish Clerk), Mary Ross MBE JP, Sheila Hughes, Jan Ashford and Liz Lenton.
2. Minute Number 302/11/FPG - Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
There were no Declarations of Members Interests.
3. Minute Number 303/11/FPG - To confirm minutes of the meeting held on 3rd March 2011.
Resolved: The minutes of the Footpaths Group Meeting held on 3rd March 2011 were circulated and approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 304/11/FPG - Matters arising.
Re Minute 293/11/FPG item iii)
Heather has so far been unable to contact Mr Hale of the National Hedge Laying Society. Anne Evans has agreed to give Heather a hand in trying to contact him.
5. Minute Number 305/11/FPG - Finance and Fundraising
As Mary Ross MBE JP could not be present she asked Heather to inform the meeting that there was no change in the accounts since the last meeting.
i) Liz referred to the Biffaward application for £36,000+ and stated that since the last meeting a Parishioner (who wishes to remain anonymous) had come forward and pledged £500. She thanked the Parish Council for their pledge of £1,000 and stated she had received a letter from Biffaward acknowledging their receipt of our application and stating that applications would be considered at their July meeting and that we should have their decision in August.
ii) Liz stated that at the last Parish Council meeting there was a discussion about the granting of planning permission for the building of the new power station and the possibility of there being ‘106’ money available for the community. She states with this in mind if anyone had any ideas of what this money could be used for to pass their ideas on.
iii) Emma and Anna stated that their school fayre was on Saturday 14th May 2011 and that if the group would like to do something to raise money for our funds we would be welcome to do so. Unfortunately there are insufficient members free on that day to take part.
6. Minute Number 306/11/FPG - Communications and Notifications
i) Liz stated that an e-mail has been received from Debbie Alston, DWT, informing us of a survey on Climate Change and asking if anyone was interested. Nev states he will deal.
ii) Liz states an e-mail has been received from Kate Allies re the next Environmental Forum meeting to be held on Tuesday 10th May 2011 from 10 am to 4 pm at Calke Abbey and asked who would be attending. Frances and Heather will go in the morning and Liz will go in the afternoon.
iii) Wendy stated that Alison Hicklin from Barrow-on-Trent Parish Council had contacted her to say that members of the parish council would like to visit our wildlife sites. She will be contacting Wendy again to arrange a date which is likely to be a Monday.
Minute Number 307/11/FPG – Reports and Evaluations
· Meeting with Jo James on 17th March 2011
The meeting went very well. Jo explained her role with the Mercia Marina volunteers and showed us a copy of the Marina newsletter which she produces monthly. She states she will be happy to include our events in the newsletter and will get the group’s e-mail address added to the distribution list. (This has already been done as we have received the latest edition with a very good write up about the Findern Footpaths Group in it). She was keen to get a litter picking party together to clean up the canal towpath outside the Marina and she is also contacting District Councillor Martyn Ford with a view to setting up a Footpaths Group in Willington. She had hoped to be able to come to our meeting this evening but had obviously been unable to make it.
· Daffodil Walk on 22nd March 2011
The weather was suitably spring like, everyone enjoyed the walk and raised £280.32p for Marie Curie.
· SDDC Environmental Forum Meeting at Repton on 22nd March 2011
Heather and Joan attended the meeting which was mainly a presentation on how to spot vulnerable children and who to contact for help and advice. There was a short period at the end of the meeting when ideas for activities for children’s events were discussed.
· Derby Moor School Presentation 1st April 2011
The event went well, Seymour presented the pupils with their certificates and they presented us with a very thoughtful gift of gardening gloves and secateurs. New pupils will be coming in September and it was agreed that a proper programme will be drawn up for then. It was suggested that perhaps they could help out at the Primary School and a meeting between us, Derbyshire Countryside Service and the School PTA has been scheduled for 15th June 2011 at 10 am to discuss this. Liz will book the Methodist Chapel for the meeting.
7. Minute Number 308/11/FPG - Event planning
· Findern Frolic Thursday 14th March 2011
Members will meet at Lower Green at 9.30 am to car share to Sinfin.
· Dawn Chorus Walk Saturday 7th May 2011.
Meet at Lower Green at 5am. Breakfast at the Methodist Chapel at 7 am. Cost £3.
· Findern Fete Saturday 18th June 2011
The group will be in the same position as last year and as well as displaying our noticed boards will hold a ‘Hook a Duck’ event to raise funds. Members are asked for ideas for cheap prizes.
· Mercia Marina Open Days 2011
Dates for this are not yet known so this will be discussed at a later meeting.
· Findern Primary School May Fair Saturday 14th May 2011
This event takes place from 1 pm to 5.30 pm but as discussed earlier there are insufficient members to take part, however, the PTA are planning a ‘Big Lunch’ event on Hillside Playing Field on Saturday 5th June 2011 and the group plan to organise a wildlife trail around the playing field .
8. Minute Number 309/11/FPG - Public rights of way reports
i) Liz has received an e-mail from Zoe Woodhouse to say that all the landowners have agreed to the stile replacement programme on FP1 Priory Way.
ii) Wendy reported that on Turnpike Way one gate has dropped and another has a broken catch.
iii) The stile on Rushy Meadow Way is still wobbly; as this is a wooden stile set in stone blocks it has been passed to the technical department to decide how to affect the repair.
9. Minute Number 310/11/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
Nothing to report.
10. Minute Number 311/11/FPG – Website Development
Nothing to report re the website but Liz handed round the newsletter for approval.
11. Minute Number 312/11/FPG – Projects
· Cardales Meadow Ponds
Just before she came to the meeting Liz had received the plans for the ponds drawn up by the BTCV. The total cost is estimated at £4538.40p and the trust advises us to get written permission from the landowner and to speak to the planning department at SDDC.
12. Minute Number 313/11/FPG – Wildlife Database
Seymour reported a male Bullfinch on his bird table on 5th April 2011.
13. Minute Number 314/11/FPG – Next meeting and appointment of Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Methodist Chapel on 5th May 2011 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Frances.
[ Go Back ]