Date of Meeting
The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Methodist Chapel on Thursday August 4 2011 commencing at 7.00pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
3. To confirm minutes of the meeting held on July 7 2011.
4. Matters arising.
5. Finance and fundraising.
6. Communications and notifications
7. Reports and evaluations
• Findern Historical Walk, 26.7.11
• Workshop with BW, 25.7.11
• Workshop at Fradley, 28.7.11
8. Event planning
• SD Environmental Forum, 10.9.11
• Findern Frolic Walk, 25.9.2011
• Fun On The Green, 26.10.11
• Christmas Activities
9. Public rights of way reports
10. Wildlife site management and database
11. Games and activities for events
11 Wildlife database
12 Next meeting September 1-appointment of chair.
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 4th August 2011 at the Methodist Chapel, Findern commencing at 7 pm
1. Minute Number 356/11/FPG - To receive apologies for absence.
Apologies were received from Cllr Martin Woodhouse, Sheila Hughes and Anne Evans.
2. Minute Number 357/11/FPG - Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
There were no Declarations of Members Interests.
3. Minute Number 358/11/FPG - To confirm minutes of the meeting held on 7th July 2011.
The minutes of the Footpaths Group Meeting held on 7th July 2011 were circulated and approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 359/11/FPG - Matters arising.
Minute Number 347/1/FPG item i) weights for the gazebo
Liz Froggatt states she has found a supplier who will supply pens with ‘Findern Footpaths Group’ on them for 6p each and following approval from all present she will order some.
Resolved: Obtaining of outdoor games to be added to the next agenda for further discussion.
Resolved: Jan Ashford stated she has a lot of old carpet and will liaise directly with Cllr Nurse.
Group members had tackled the Balsam on 25th July but there was still a lot more to be dealt with.
Minute Number 350/11/FPG item v) group summer barbecue
5. Minute Number 360/11/FPG - Finance and Fundraising
Mary Ross MBE JP who has been the group’s treasurer for 12 years has decided to stand down and was thanked by the whole group for her sterling (very funny!) work. Joan Tidy offered to take over the post as treasurer and this was unanimously agreed by the group. Cllr Seymour Bell who is one of the current three signatories also expressed a wish to stand down and Wendy Hithersay offered to replace him as a signatory. This was also agreed by the group. Liz Froggatt remains as the third signatory. The relevant forms will be completed and taken to the National Westminster Bank for the relevant changes to be made as soon as possible.
The current account stands at £2,282.51p and the reserve account at £4,818.79p.
Liz stated that Derbyshire County Council was offering a limited number of Community Action Grants for £1,000 to any community group applying. As there were only a limited number of grants there was not enough time for her to wait to put this to the meeting so she has applied for a grant of £1,000 on the group’s behalf. The money will be used to buy a first aid kit, promotional banner and items for children’s activities. All present thanked Liz for applying on our behalf.
6. Minute Number 361/11/FPG - Communications and Notifications
i) Liz states she received a phone call from the niece of late village resident Gordon Chambers asking if the family could plant a tree in his memory. Liz told her there would be no problem as long as it was a native species but that it was not advisable to plant trees before November. The lady said the family will think about what sort of tree they would like and they will contact us again in November.
7. Minute Number 362/11/FPG – Reports and Evaluations
Findern Historical Walk 26th July 2011
Workshop with British Waterways 25th July 2011
Workshop with British Waterways at Fradley 28th July 2011
8. Minute Number 363/11/FPG – Event Planning
SDDC Environmental Forum 6th September 2011 2pm – 5pm
Resolved: Joan, Heather, Wendy, Liz Froggatt, Liz Lenton and Seymour will meet British Waterways on 25th August at 10 am at the Methodist Chapel to confirm all arrangements.
Findern Frolic walk 25th September 2011
Fun on The Green 26th October 2011 1pm – 3pm
Activities will include apple bobbing and mask making.
Group members are looking forward to a Christmas meal and ideas are being considered. Wendy has offered to look into the cost of transport should we wish to hire a minibus.
9. Minute Number 364/11/FPG – Public Rights of Way reports
i) The hand rails that lead from Heath Lane to both Rushy Meadow Way and The Gostilles are rotten and in need of repair.
ii) Zoe at DCC says the gates for FP1 Priory Way have been ordered but delivery is still awaited and she needs details of the landowner re the boardwalking required. It is believed that the landowner is a Mr Watson who lives on The Green. Liz will try to get his address for Zoe.
iii) Liz states the gates installed at the Nadee have been put there by the landowner because of anti-social behaviour. As the track is not a public right of way the landowner is perfectly entitled to do this and as pedestrian access to the towpath is to be maintained we as a group have no problem with this.
10. Minute Number 365/11/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
i) Liz reports that she has been in contact with Severn Trent re the alterations required at the entrance to Cote Close following their resurfacing work but as yet no alterations have been made.
11. Minute Number 366/11/FPG – Games and Activities for Events
Already discussed earlier (see Minute Number 359)
12. Minute Number 367/11/FPG – Wildlife Database
Recent sightings include 2 adult swans and 3 cygnets on the canal near the Nadee, a partridge with several young and some long tailed tits in the area of Lower Green.
13. Minute Number 368/11/FPG – Next Meeting and Appointment of Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Methodist Chapel on 1st September 2011 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Liz Froggatt..
[ Go Back ]