The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Parish Rooms on Thursday 5 July 2012 commencing at 7.00pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 7 June 2012.
4. Finance and fundraising.
• Findern Village Fete,16.6.12
• Mercia Marina Festival & Open Day, 7.7.2012
• Willington Carnival 14/15.7 12
5. Communications and notifications
• Visit to Fradley to meet Stuart Collins
• Big Society Event at Matlock, 12.6.2012
• SD Environmental Forum, 3.7.2012
7. Event planning
• Fun On The Green, 31.10.2012
8 Public rights of way reports
9 Wildlife site management
10 Wildlife database
11 Next meeting Thursday 2 August 2012- appointment of chair.
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 5th July 2012 at the Parish Rooms, Findern, commencing at 7 pm.
Wendy Hithersay (Chair), Joan Tidy, Neville Froggatt, Frances Prockter, Liz Lenton, Sheila Hughes, Janet Macdonald, Mary Ross MBE JP, Cllr Seymour Bell, Anne Evans, Heather Hall, Andy Laxton and Bob Lewin (Derby and South Derbyshire Ramblers).
Wendy opened the meeting and began by welcoming Bob Lewin. Bob introduced himself and explained that he is soon to take over as secretary of the Derby and South Derbyshire Ramblers Group and said he is keen to ensure that all the public footpaths in his area are well maintained and accessible to all who wish to enjoy them.
1. Minute Number 463/12/FPG - To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Liz Froggatt and Jan Ashford.
2. Minute Number 464/12/FPG - Declaration of members’ interests (Parish Councillors)
There were no Declarations of Members interests.
3. Minute Number 465/12/FPG – To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 7th June 2012
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on 7th June 2012 were circulated and the following amendments noted.
Minute number 455/12/FPG - Fundraising item ii) Wendy and Heather to be added.
Minute number 459/12/FPG item i) should read ‘plank is worn on the surface’ not loose.
The above amendments having been made the minutes were approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 466/12/FPG – Finance and Fundraising
Joan stated she had been unable to balance the accounts as she had not yet received the bank statement.
Findern Village Fete 16th June 2012
The group’s ‘shop’ raised £120.80p and activities such as ‘Pick a Pen’ raised a further £67.
Mercia Marina Open Day 7th July 2012
Liz Lenton, Sheila, Frances and Nev will be meeting at 9 am to set up.
Joan and Wendy will be attending to set up the shop at 11 am.
Janet and Frances will be attending from 1 pm to 3 pm.
Heather and Anne will be attending from 3 pm to 5 pm.
Willington Carnival 14th/15th July 2012
There were not enough members free on either day so it was agreed not to attend this event.
5. Minute Number 467/12/FPG – Communications and Notifications
i) An e-mail has been received from Tony Preston at the Marina with details of a new nature walk around the Marina.
ii) An e-mail has been received from Steven Roe, Derbyshire Bat Conservation Group proposing a joint venture with ourselves and Mercia Marina to survey Daubenton Bat numbers along the Trent and Mersey canal. Joan, Heather, Frances and Liz Lenton will meet Steven at Potlocks on Saturday 7th July at 10 pm and again on Friday 13th July for the actual survey.
iii) An invitation has been received to visit Stuart Collins at Fradley to discuss improvements to the towpath. The group agreed on Wednesday 18th July 2012 meeting on Lower Green at 1.30 pm. Heather and Frances volunteered to drive and Janet, Mary, Sheila, Liz Lenton, Wendy and Joan are also attending.
6. Minute Number 468/12/FPG – Evaluations
The Big Society Event at Matlock on 12th June 2012
Heather, Wendy and Nev attended this event which included a talk about how to raise money for projects and a presentation from successful fund recipients.
South Derbyshire Environmental Forum 3rd July 2012
Liz and Nev attended the forum which was to discuss ideas from walks, trails and quizzes. The event was very poorly attended and as a result the future of the forum is now in doubt. Kate Allies confirmed that her team will be attending our ‘Elves workshop’ event on The Green on 25th November 2012.
7. Minute Number 469/12/FPG – Event Planning
Memory Walk Saturday 15th September 2012
Frances explained that resident Karen Walker is organising the walk to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society. Karen is selling tickets at £5 each and she is providing refreshments in the Parish Rooms for which there will be a further charge of £3 per person. She is hoping to sell 100 tickets and walkers would be arranged in 4 groups of 25 each led by a group member if available. The walks would begin on The Green at 10 am and walk the usual canal circuit stopping at Stanhope Wood for a moment to remember those lost.
Frances, Seymour, Heather, Sheila, Janet and Wendy said they would be available. Joan stated that she is away that day but will do the risk assessment and print off sufficient copies prior to the walk.
Fun on The Green Wednesday 31st October 2012
The Mini Zoo has been booked and a deposit paid.
Jeff is bringing the owls.
Alan Withington is available and he will be bringing kits for the children to make planters at a cost of £6 each.
Group members are asked to collect yoghurt pots to be used to make bird feeders.
8. Minute Number 470/12/FPG – Public Rights of Way Reports
i) An e-mail has been received from Steve Creswell, Countryside Liaison Officer suggesting a meeting between himself, group members and Duncan Lovatt, Footpaths Officer DCC re FP1 Priory Way and suggesting several dates. Group members agreed on Tuesday 21st August 2012 at 10 am Lower Green. Heather stated she and Liz were going on part of the walk on Monday as it is suspected there is a leaking pipe in one of the fields. Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda for further discussion.
ii) Heather stated that, as requested, she had spoken to Mr Hicklin about the state of the stile on Rushy Meadow Way. She states that Mr Hicklin’s reply was that he can see nothing wrong with the stile and that it doesn’t need fixing.
9. Minute Number 471/12/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
i) Nev stated that the weather had been so bad he had not been able to do any mowing but the payback team are coming out on Saturday.
ii) Heather reported that there was some damage to the hedgehog shelter in Stanhope Hole Conservation Area and that she would be fixing it.
iii) Andy suggested the group put in place a management plan to protect the bee orchid sites.
10. Minute Number 472/12/FPG – Wildlife Database
Bee orchids are in flower in several locations on our wildlife sites.
Heather reported seeing a field vole in Cote Close near the A50 underpass some time last week.
11. Minute Number 473/12/FPG – Date of next Meeting and Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Parish Rooms on 2nd August 2012 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Frances Prockter.