Date of Meeting
The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Parish Rooms on Thursday 4 April 2013 commencing at 7.00pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 7 March 2013.
4. Finance and fundraising
5. Communications and notifications
· Invitation to Willington Parish Council meeting Tuesday 14th May 2013 7pm
· Friends of Littleover Parks village fete Saturday 29th June 2013
6. Report from events attended
· Launch of Wild derby walks programme, 15.3.2013
7 Project planning
· Butterfly Transect Project
· Findern Flower Power Project
8 Event planning
· Payback Team 20th anniversary celebration
· Garage spring clean, Wednesday 10.4.2013
· Dawn Chorus Walk, Saturday 11.5.2013
· Visit of Melbourne Footpaths Group, Wednesday 24.4.2013
· Bat box Survey with Derby Bat Conservation Group, (Saturday 6.4.13)
· Evening Bat Walk beginning September 2013
· Visit of Derby University Conservation Group, tba
· Fun on the Green, Wednesday 30.10.2013
· Visit to Shipley Country Park
9 Public rights of way reports
10 Wildlife site management
11 Wildlife database
| || |
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 4th April 2013 at the Parish Rooms, Findern commencing at 7 pm
Apologies were received and accepted from Mary Ross MBE JP, and Jan Ashford.
There were no Declarations of member’s interests.
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 7th March 2013 were circulated and the following noted:
There being no objections Wendy was given the go ahead to purchase the wands.
All e-mails had been forwarded for all members for their comments:
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda.
Launch of Wild Derby Walks Programme 15th March 2013
Butterfly Transect 2013
Findern Flower Power Project
It was decided that this should take place sometime in September and preferably on a Saturday so that some of the team could attend. Members are asked to look round for a suitable plaque to be presented to the team leader and obtain some prices.
Heather, Seymour, Maurice, Nev and Dave will meet on site at 10 am.
Stuart had e-mailed to say he couldn’t do a dawn chorus walk on Saturday 11th but that he could either do an evening walk or a dawn chorus walk on Sunday 12th May. After a general discussion it was decided to opt for an evening walk and enquiries will be made at the Nadee should walkers want to eat before the walk. It was decided to start the walk at 8 pm and to charge £2 per head.
6 members of Melbourne Footpaths Group will be attending. Members are to meet at Lower Green at 2 pm.
Members are to meet members of Derby Bat Conservation Group at the Nadee at 10 am.
Heather has received a reply from Paul Smith who suggested Friday 26th April 2013 at 2 pm for his group to visit our wildlife sites. This date was agreed and Maurice, Heather and Janet are definitely attending and Anne and Liz Lenton offered to make the tea and cake in the parish rooms. Joan, Wendy and Frances will attend if they can.
Group members were asked to come up with ideas on what to do and to include something different to what we have done in the past. Liz Froggatt stated she had been put in touch with a company called Greenwood Days who demonstrated willow weaving. She contacted them and they said for £75 they would bring all the materials and show the children how to weave a bird to take home with them. It was decided not to have the Mini Zoo again as we have had them at the last 3 events but as it is Halloween all members agreed to book JTS Falcons to bring their owls. It was also suggested that we could look into obtaining some owl pellets for the children to dissect to see what the owls eat.
Liz Froggatt stated since Andy Laxton’s move from Elvaston Castle to Shipley he has been in touch and invited us to visit for a day. All members are interested and agreed on Wednesday 15th May 2013.
Liz Froggatt handed Joan her and Nev’s sightings for the month. Several members reported seeing a Barn Owl in various locations including Common Piece Lane and fields adjacent to the canal towpath.
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Parish Rooms, Findern on Thursday 2nd May 2013 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Wendy Hithersay
[ Go Back ]