The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Parish Rooms on Thursday 1 May 2014 commencing at 7.00pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 3 April 2014.
4. Finance and fundraising
5. Communications and notifications
• Tim Birch
• Health and Safety Policy/CRT Insurance
• Findern Primary School Grounds Project
• Localism Bill in relation to our wildlife sites.
6 Annual report 2013/14
7 Community Payback Team service monitoring
8 Reports from events attended
• SDDC Environmental Forum, 11th March 2014
• Batbox check, 5.4.14
9 Project planning
• Findern Village Map project
• Flower Power, Brook Close, Heath Lane, King George V
• Information board, Jubilee Wood
• Derby University Go Volunteer Project, redesign of Walks leaflets.
10 Feedback media, Parish Newsletter, Facebook, website.
11 Event planning
• Butterfly Transect
• Dawn Chorus Walk Saturday 3rd May 2014
• Kissing gate installation, 6&9..5.2014
• Mercia/FindenCircular Walk, 28.5.2014
• Visit to Shipley Country Park,23.6.2014
• Fun on the Green, Wednesday 29th October 2014
12 Public rights of way reports
13 Wildlife site management
14 Wildlife database, (please bring your sightings sheets).
15 Next meeting Thursday 5 June 2014.
|Minutes: || |
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 1st May 2014 at the Parish Rooms, Findern commencing at 7 pm
Anne Evans (Chair), Joan Tidy, Wendy Hithersay, Heather Hall, Sheila Hughes, Liz Lenton, Frances Prockter, Cllr Maurice Johnson, Janet Macdonald and Jan Ashford.
1. Minute Number 715/14/FPG - To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Mary Ross MBE JP, Nev Froggatt and Liz Froggatt.
2. Minute Number 716/14/FPG - Declaration of members’ interests (Parish Councillors)
There were no Declarations of members’ interests.
3. Minute Number 717/14/FPG – To confirm the minutes of the meeting on 3rd April 2014
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 3rd April 2014 were circulated and approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 718/14/FPG – Finance and Fundraising
Joan stated that Clare still had the books but that they had been audited and there were no problems. Statements had been received for both accounts and the accounts balanced. The Reserve Account had accrued .50p interest and stands at £5015.15p. There had been no movement on the Current Account apart from the monthly Direct Debit and the account stands at £3293.90p.
Wendy asked for authority to purchase more items for the shop as the fete season will shortly be upon us. She particularly wanted to buy items for boys and had compiled a list which was handed round and will be kept as a record. There were no objections and Wendy was authorised to purchase all the items totalling £172.02p.
5. Minute Number 719/14/FPG – Communications and Notifications
i) Tim Birch
Heather reported that she had received a reply from Tim who stated he would be happy to visit us in Findern but preferably in the summer months. Heather will email him again in a month or two.
ii) Health and Safety Policy/CRT Insurance
Nothing to report at this stage so the item will be added to the next agenda.
iii) Findern Primary School Grounds Project
Maurice stated that Monday’s meeting had been cancelled as it was the first day back to school after the Easter break. The Derby Telegraph has been printing forms for people to fill in to vote for the school’s project before the closing date towards the end of May.
iv) Localism Bill in relation to our wildlife sites
Maurice stated that this item will be on the next Parish Council agenda for discussion,
v) Invitation to attend Willington Parish Council Annual Meeting 13th May 2014
Liz Froggatt had informed Joan that she was unable to attend but she was happy to write a report should other members wish to go. Heather and Janet said they would like to attend on behalf of the group and would be grateful if Liz could let them have a report. Joan will reply to Willington with details.
6. Minute Number 720/14/FPG – Annual Report 2013/2014
A copy of the Annual Report had been received and agreed by all members present.
7. Minute Number 721/14/FPG – Community Payback Team Service Monitoring
Joan had received details from Liz that during April the Payback Team litter picked along the towpath, removed white posts and cleared vegetation alongside King George V Playing Field. In total they had carried out 96 hours of unpaid work on behalf of the community.
8. Minute Number 722/14/FPG –Reports from Events Attended
i) SDDC Environmental Forum 11th March 2014
Heather and Jan had attended this meeting and said they were very interested in the discussion covering risk assessments and had enjoyed helping to dig flower beds. Jan stated she was surprised to learn how much work at the forestry centre is carried out by corporate groups having assumed it was mostly done by paid staff.
ii) Bat Box Check 5th April 2014
Joan and Heather attended to assist Alan and Steven Roe from the Derbyshire Bat Conservation Group in checking our bat boxes. Droppings from Myotis and Pipistrelle Bats were found in some boxes and we were delighted to find that 2 of the boxes contained a roosting Pipistrelle.
9. Minute Number 723/14/FPG – Project Planning
i) Findern Village Map Project
Nothing to report at this stage as Heather and Anne are still waiting to hear from Josh and Dawn at the marina so this will be added to the next agenda.
ii) Flower Power, Brook Close, Heath Lane, King George V Playing Field
Maurice states the areas in Brook Close have been cleared but they are still waiting for authority from the housing association before going ahead with the planting. The Payback Team are coming out on Saturday and will be tasked with getting the sites in Heath Lane and adjacent to the King George V Playing Field reading for sowing. Heather has the Poppy seeds and as soon as the areas are cleared a date will be arranged to go ahead with sowing them.
iii) Information Board, Jubilee Wood
Group members joined staff from the Canal and River Trust and the Co-op to watch the board being put in place and details have been posted on our Facebook page. We are very grateful to the Co-op for providing the board.
iv) Derby University ‘Go Volunteer Project’, redesign of Walks Leaflets
Heather states she and Nev met Emma to discuss the walks leaflets and we are now awaiting her first design.
10. Minute Number 724/14/FPG – Feedback Media, Parish Newsletter, Facebook, Website
Members were disappointed not to have received the newsletter for delivery as details of the Dawn Chorus Walk were in it so when it is delivered at least one item will be out of date. It is hoped that with the new system this situation will be avoided in future.
11. Minute Number 725/14/FPG – Event Planning
i) Butterfly Transect
Rota completed up to 10th June 2014 and will be forwarded to all members.
ii) Dawn Chorus Walk Saturday 3rd May 2014
Joan states there are 14 taking part (including Brian and Jean the leaders). Meet at Lower Green at 5 am, Brian has spare binoculars if anyone would like to borrow a pair. 2 pairs requested and Joan will ask Brian to bring them with him.
iii) Kissing Gate Installation Tuesday 6th and Friday 9th May 2014
Heather states Steve had asked if a group member could contact Mr Bull for permission to access his land to install the gates. However, members felt it was too soon after the death of Mr Bull Sr to bother the family although it was also pointed out that Mr Bull Jr would have been aware of the plans and may want to get the work completed as soon as possible. Following a discussion it was agreed that Liz Lenton would ask Mary Barker, who knows Mr Bull personally, for her advice as to whether we should approach the family now or wait a month. Heather stated she was willing to accompany Mary to see Mr Bull if required. If the work is to go ahead on the 9th of May as planned Heather will let Joan know, otherwise this will be added to the next agenda.
iv) Findern/Mercia Marina Circular Walk Wednesday 28th May 2014
Members are to meet on The Green at 1.30pm. Joan, Janet, Liz Lenton and Sheila are definitely attending and Wendy hopes to be there as well.
v) Visit to Shipley Country Park Monday 23rd June 2014
Wendy, Sheila + 1, Janet, Liz Lenton + 1, Jan, Frances and Maurice all wish to attend. Maurice will obtain details for a minibus and this is to be added to the next agenda to finalise numbers and arrangements re transport costs and refreshments.
vi) Fun on The Green, Wednesday 29th October 2014
Some members expressed concern following the confusion about the reason for the meeting held on 14th April. Assumptions about who was attending and what was being done were made, as it turned out incorrectly, and consequently not much was gained by the meeting. All members have received the printout of ideas provided by Georgina and it was
agreed that those members interested in actively taking part in organising crafts would bring their ideas to the next meeting.
Joan stated that DWT, RSPB. Greenwood Days (Pole lathing) and Lydia (Face Painting) had all replied and would be attending October’s event. As yet she had not received any reply from JTS Falcons re the Owls. This item is to be added to the next agenda for further discussion/planning.
12. Minute Number 726/14/FPG – Public Rights of Way Reports
Nothing to report.
13. Minute Number 727/14/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
Sheila stated the vicar had received a complaint that vegetation from our wildlife site in the churchyard was spreading over a grave. Sheila had inspected the site and agreed that cow parsley was encroaching but that the churchyard had since been mown and that the plant would soon die down naturally.
14. Minute Number 728/14/FPG – Wildlife Database (please bring your sightings sheets)
Members reported that a resident of Lower Green had heard a Cuckoo in the churchyard but this report is to be verified.
15. Minute Number 729/14/FPG – Next Meeting and Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Parish Rooms, Findern on Thursday 5th June 2014 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Wendy Hithersay.