The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Parish Rooms on Thursday 5 June 2014 commencing at 7.00pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 1 May 2014.
4. Finance and fundraising
5. Communications and notifications
• Tim Birch
• Health and Safety Policy/CRT Insurance
• Findern Primary School Grounds Project
• Localism Bill in relation to our wildlife sites.
6 Community Payback Team service monitoring
7 Reports from events attended
• Dawn Chorus Walk,3.5.2014
• May Fair, 22.5.2014
• Findern/Mercia Marina Circular Walk 28.5.2014
8 Project planning
• Walks leaflets project with Mercia Marina
• Flower Power, Brook Close, Heath Lane, King George V
9 Feedback media, Parish Newsletter, Facebook, website.
10 Event planning
• Butterfly Transect
• Visit to Shipley Country Park,23.6.2014
• Kissing gate installation,
• Willington Carnival 19.7.2014
• Findern Fete,21.6.2014
• Fun on the Green, Wednesday 29th October 2014, school library service.
11 Public rights of way reports
12 Wildlife site management
• All Saints Wildlife Area
13 Wildlife database, (please bring your sightings sheets).
14 Next meeting Thursday July 3 2014.
|Minutes: || |
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 5th June 2014 at the Parish Rooms, Findern commencing at 7 pm
Wendy Hithersay (Chair), Joan Tidy, Heather Hall, Sheila Hughes, Liz Lenton, Cllr Maurice Johnson, Janet Macdonald, Frances Prockter and Jan Ashford.
1. Minute Number 730/14/FPG - To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Anne Evans, Nev Froggatt, Liz Froggatt and Mary Ross MBE JP.
2. Minute Number 731/14/FPG - Declaration of members’ interests (Parish Councillors)
There were no Declarations of members’ interests.
3. Minute Number 732/14/FPG – To confirm the minutes of the meeting on 1st May 2014
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 1st May 2014 were circulated and approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 733/14/FPG – Finance and Fundraising
Joan stated bank statements had been received and the accounts balanced. Since then a cheque for £400 had been received from Repton School and that along with £25 raised at the Findern Primary School May Fair and £4 donations given on the Findern/Mercia Marina Circular Walk had been paid into the current account which now stands at £3551.30p. The reserve account remains unchanged at £5015.15p.
Joan stated that as in the past she had tried to renew our website domain name online but had encountered problems and had to phone the 123.reg helpline. They renewed it and after payment of £28.78p had been made Joan was told that her details were now on the web and in the public domain. She was told it was too late to cancel the payment as it had gone through but that she could have her name taken off the web at a cost of £11.98p which she then paid. Group members agreed to reimburse Joan the whole amount of £40.76p. Although there had been no problems with the 2 yearly renewals in the past when it is due again arrangements will be made to renew it by standing order.
Maurice states Emma Bird from the Canal and River Trust has applied to Toyota for funding to provide signage and mammal and insect boxes for installing along the towpath.
5. Minute Number 734/14/FPG – Communications and Notifications
i) Tim Birch
Heather states now that summer is here she will contact Tim and invite him to visit us here.
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda.
ii) Health and Safety Policy/CRT Insurance
Maurice states that a reply has been received from the Canal and River Trust to the effect that whilst working on the towpath (and other C&RT areas) we are covered by insurance providing we are working on their behalf and with their agreement.
iii) Findern Primary School Grounds Project
There is nothing to report as the last meeting was cancelled.
iv) Localism Bill in relation to our wildlife sites
Maurice states Findern Parish Council will be progressing attempts to have Cardales Wildflower Meadow and Cote Close Bird Sanctuary declared Community Assets under the Localism Bill.
v) Invitation to reception for High Sheriff
Maurice states Liz Froggatt wanted the group informed that she had received a personal invitation, as a member of the footpaths group, from the Chief Constable to attend a reception for the High Sheriff of Derbyshire to be held at Police HQ. She states she is willing to attend with the group’s approval.
Resolved: The group gave their approval and thanked Liz for attending on our behalf.
vi) Request to visit Findern from Barry Keight, volunteer coordinator Canal and River Trust
Maurice states Liz has received a request from Barry to visit us here in Findern on Tuesday 1st July 2014.
Frances, Jan, Sheila, Liz Lenton, Janet are free pm.
Resolved: Joan will email Barry to confirm he is coming and let everyone know.
vii) Consultation re Strategic Rail Terminal Eggington
Correspondence had been received giving consultation dates and locations re the proposed rail terminal and theses were given to members should they wish to attend.
viii) First Aid Training Shipley Country Park Friday 19th September 2014
An email has been received from Steve Cresswell giving details of the above course and asking if anyone would like to attend. Jan and Heather stated they would both like to attend.
Resolved: Joan will reply to Steve and forward all other emails to Jan and Heather.
ix) Derby University Volunteer Programme
Joan had forwarded an email from Emma with details for a Canal Heritage Walk and asking for any amendments/changes. Members are asked to email details to the groups email and Joan will forward them to Emma.
6. Minute Number 735/14/FPG – Community Payback Team Service Monitoring
During the past month the payback team have carried out 96 hours of unpaid work on behalf of the community. This work included repairs on our wildlife sites and clearing sites for poppy seeding in Heath Lane, Brook Close and adjacent to the King George V playing field.
7. Minute Number 736/14/FPG – Reports from Events Attended
i) Dawn Chorus Walk Saturday 3rd May 2014
Although cold it was a bright morning and all enjoyed hearing the dawn chorus which included amongst others Song Thrush, Common Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat and a Willow Warbler. The walk finished off with breakfast rolls and hot drinks at the Methodist Chapel. Thanks were given to Brian and Jean Hallam and the ladies at the Methodist Chapel on the day. Joan was thanked for organising the walk.
ii) Findern Primary School May Fair Thursday 22nd May 2014
There was a good turnout despite the awfully wet weather. £28 was made in the shop and a donation of £3 was given to the school for the use of the table.
iii) Findern/Mercia Marina Circular Walk Wednesday 28th May 2014
This walk is part of the National Forest Walking Festival. 5 group members and 3 members of the public braved the rain to walk to the marina and enjoy a hot drink before walking back to the village. Although the walk is free £4 was given in donations.
iv) Environmental Forum Thursday 5th June 2014 Mercia Marina
Jan states she and Stephan attended and enjoyed a very informative guided walk around the Marina.
8. Minute Number 737/14/FPG – Project Planning
i) Walks leaflet project with Mercia Marina
This project replaces the village map publication and is a joint venture between Mercia Marina, Katapult and ourselves. We are to provide details of 3 walks starting and finishing at the Marina and it is proposed to produce 5,000 leaflets at a cost of £2,000 which will be paid by the Marina. Liz has given details of two walks to Katapult and Joan will give details of the third, the Swarkestone walk as soon as possible.
ii) Findern Flower Power Project
Poppy seeds have been sown in Brook Close, Heath Lane and adjacent to King George V playing field.
9. Minute Number 738/14/FPG – Feedback Media, Parish Newsletter, Facebook, Website
The next edition of the newsletter had been circulated and amendments sent to Liz. The amendments having been made the newsletter was approved.
10. Minute Number 739/14/FPG – Event Planning
i) Butterfly Transect
Rota completed up to 21st July.
ii) Visit to Shipley Country Park Monday 23rd June 2014
Liz, Nev, Frances, Janet, Liz L, Ken, Sheila, Bob, Maurice and Wendy all want to go. As there was not enough for a 16 seater coach it was decided that a smaller minibus would be more expensive so it was suggested taking cars and car sharing. Frances said she is happy to take her car. Wendy will get in touch with Liz and Nev re further arrangements and will let everyone know full details.
iii) Kissing Gate Installation Priory Way
Heather states she and Liz have spoken to Mr Bull who has given permission for the installation. Heather states Steve Cresswell would like to work a full day and the dates proposed are: 27/6, 1/7, 4/7, 7/7 and 29/7. Following discussion the following was agreed:
Monday 7/7/14 – am Liz, Ken and Heather and pm Heather and Frances.
Tuesday 29/7/14 – am Frances, Heather and possibly Joan and Dave and pm Liz, Ken, Heather and possible Joan and Dave.
Heather will liaise with Steve.
iv) Willington Carnival Saturday 19th July 2014
Janet and Wendy are interested but at least 4 people are needed.
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda.
v) Findern Fete Saturday 21st June 2014
Wendy, Maurice, Frances and Janet will be doing pick a pen and tombola. They agreed to meet at 11am on Wednesday to finalise preparations.
vi) Fun on the Green Wednesday 29th October 2014
This item is to be added to the next agenda.
11. Minute Number 740/14/FPG – Public Rights of Way Reports
i) Stile clearing A38
Heather asked for volunteers to help clear the stiles on the A38. Wendy and Janet agreed to help and work will be carried out am on Thursday 12th June 2014.
ii) Rushy Meadow Way, Lower Green
Maurice reports that builders have left scaffolding poles blocking the stile. Heather states she will ask the builders to move them.
iii) Steps down to Crow Park Way wet area and causeway
Heather stated less able people and people with buggies are finding it difficult to negotiate the steps and asked if thought could be given to building a ramp.
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda for further discussion.
12. Minute Number 741/14/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
i) All Saints wildlife area
Heather states she still has the hedgehog house and would like to put it back in the churchyard so she asks if the group could offer to provide and plant a tree to hurry things along. Sheila and Liz said they would liaise with the church committee and report back at the next meeting.
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda.
13. Minute Number 742/14/FPG – Wildlife Database
Jan asked if it was possible she could have seen a Red Kite over her garden a few weeks ago. Joan stated that she had received several sightings of a Red Kite flying over and away from the village in recent weeks from very reliable sources so it was certainly possible.
14. Minute Number 743/14/FPG – Next Meeting and Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Parish Rooms, Findern on Thursday 3rd July 2014 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Anne Evans.