Date of Meeting
The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Parish Rooms on Thursday 4 September 2014 commencing at 7.00pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declaration of member’s interests (Parish Councillors).
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 7 August 2014.
4. Finance and fundraising
5. Communications and notifications
6 Community Payback Team service monitoring
7 Reports from events attended
• Inter Parish Council meeting to discuss proposed rail hub, 11.8.2014
• Visit to DCC Resource Centre, 2.9.2014
• Meeting with All Saints Church, 3.9.2014
8 Project planning
• Walks leaflets in conjunction with Mercia Marina & Derby University
9 Monitoring of Facebook page and website and approval of Countryside News (Autumn 2014).
10 Event planning
• Butterfly Transcept
• Fun on the Green, Wednesday 29th October 2014.
• Volunteer recruitment event.
• Autumn planting programme.
• Findern/Mercia Marina Walk, 24.9.2014
• SDDC Environmental Forum, 2.10.2014
11 Public rights of way reports
• Priory Way Improvements
12 Wildlife site management
13 Wildlife database, (please bring your sightings sheets).
14 Next meeting Thursday October 2 2014.
Findern Parish Council
Clerk: Mrs Clare Orme
Findern Parish Rooms, Lower Green, Findern, Derbyshire DE65 6AD
Tel: 0771 9599132
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 4th September 2014 at the Parish Rooms, Findern commencing at 7 pm
Anne Evans (Chair), Joan Tidy, Heather Hall, Wendy Hithersay, Cllr Maurice Johnson, Liz Froggatt, Nev Froggatt, Liz Lenton, Sheila Hughes, Frances Prockter and Janet Macdonald.
1. Minute Number 772/14/FPG - To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Jan Ashford, Mary Ross MBE JP, Cllr Suzi Brook and Richard Brook.
2. Minute Number 773/14/FPG - Declaration of members’ interests (Parish Councillors)
There were no Declarations of members’ interests.
3. Minute Number 774/14/FPG – To confirm the minutes of the meeting on 7th August 2014
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 7th August 2014 were circulated and approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 775/14/FPG – Finance and Fundraising
Joan stated statements had been received and the accounts balanced. The current account stands at £3541.62p and the reserve account at £5015.65p.
Liz stated that our application for a Greenwatch Action Grant has been successful although we have been awarded £350 and not the £480 needed for the publication of the walks leaflets. Should there be a shortfall when it comes to paying for the leaflets we may have to use our own funds.
5. Minute Number 776/14/FPG – Communications and Notifications
i) Email received from Willington Parish Council re the Willington Pool Project. Members agreed that although we would not want to be involved in the planning stage we are more than happy to help with contacts/suppliers and in any practical way. Joan will email a reply to this effect.
ii) Email received from Kate Allies re walks to be included in the new programme to run from October 2014 to May 2015. Following general discussion group members voted unanimously to have a break from the walks programmes and concentrate more on arranging for guest speakers to come and give lectures on wildlife and countryside matters within the village.
iii) Email received from Jason at Derby University giving details of his replacement in the GoVolunteer Project. She is Rebecca Rogers and her contact details have been saved on the laptop.
iv) Email received from Steve Cresswell re details of a map reading course on 16th September.
6. Minute Number 777/14/FPG – Community Payback Team Service Monitoring
Liz reported that 84 hours unpaid work had been carried out by the payback team for and on behalf of the community. Joan stated that she had received a request from Cllr Goodall asking if the payback team could help with the planters when they had finished the work on the wildlife sites in October. Liz asks if all requests for the payback team could go through her to avoid confusion as sometimes other village groups request work. The weather, the number of offenders coming out, the equipment available and the seasonal nature of the work all have to be taken into account when preparing the work programme. It was also felt to be unfair to Richard if he is contacted directly.
7. Minute Number 778/14/FPG – Reports from events attended
i) Inter Parish Council meeting to discuss proposed rail hub, 11/08/2014
Maurice stated he and Suzi attended the meeting in Repton and one of the concerns raised was the possibility of an increase in traffic through the villages. There was a follow up meeting on 1st September but Maurice had been unable to attend. The priority of this group is environmental protection and walking/cycling routes to the site.
ii) Visit to DCC Resource Centre, 02/09/2014
Heather and Liz attended the resource centre and discovered an Aladdin’s cave of activities on offer. There is a joining fee of £25 and subsequent charges per box of activities. Liz stated she and Heather were going to the centre again on Monday should we decide to get some activities for Fun on the Green next month. Liz and Heather were authorised to pay the joining fee and up to £25 for the activities.
iii) Meeting with All Saints Church Committee, 03/09/2014
Liz states she and Jan met Pat in the churchyard and the meeting went very well. It was decided to create a wildlife corner and plant it with native berrying shrubs to create a ‘Bird Banquet’. 2 tree stumps already there would be incorporated into the site. The hedgehog box is to be sited in the East corner of the churchyard and Jan will make a notice asking workmen not to mow the area. It was pointed out that the maintenance of the churchyard is the responsibility of SDDC, and they should be contacted in the first instance.
8. Minute Number 779/14/FPG – Project Planning
Walks Leaflet in conjunction with Mercia Marina and Derby University. Liz states the Canal Heritage Walk is ready for publication and that details of 3 circular walks for the Marina have been sent to them. Joan is still working on a circular Repton walk for the Marina
9. Minute Number 780/14/FPG – Monitoring of Facebook Page, Website, Countryside News
All members had seen and approved the Newsletter which they agreed looked very professional. Liz states the deadline for the next newsletter is 31st October 2014. Heather said the Facebook page is looking very impressive especially the photos of the installation of the kissing gates on Priory Way.
10. Minute Number 781/14/FPG – Event Planning
i) Butterfly Transect
Last 3 weeks of this year’s rota completed.
ii) Fun on The Green, Wednesday 29th October 2014
Bushcraft, Pole lathing, Owls, Face painting, RSPB, DWT already booked. Bridget has been asked to do storytime again in the parish rooms and Heather will make the touchy feely box. Liz L, Sheila and Janet will be getting together to devise a craft for the children to do.
iii) Volunteer Recruitment Event
It was agreed to hold this event in the spring 2015
iv) Autumn Planting Programme
Wendy states the plants have been ordered.
v) Findern/Mercia Marina Walk, Wednesday 24th September 2014
Meet on The Green at 1.30 pm. Joan, Janet, Frances and Liz Lenton attending.
vi) SDDC Environmental Forum, Thursday 2nd October 2014
Jan, Liz L, Janet and Joan will be attending. Joan will ask Jan if she will take her car.
vii) Mercia Marina Anniversary Event, Saturday/Sunday 11th/12th October 2014
No details seen as yet apart from the dates. Heather states she will contact the Marina for further details.
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda for further discussion.
viii) Walks Programme October 2014-May 2015
This matter has already been discussed under Notifications.
ix) High Sheriffs Walk
Liz states the Willington leg of the walk actually took place last Saturday but as we had not been informed no one had joined the walk.
x) Boardwalk Construction, C&RT
Liz states Barry has emailed to say they have all the materials and gave us some dates to choose from to assist with the construction. Dates agreed were Wednesday 1st and Friday 3rd October. Joan will email Barry for confirmation.
11. Minute Number 782/14/FPG – Public Rights of Way Reports
i) Cardales Meadow
Heather stated that the fence next to the ‘A’ frame at the top of Cardales Meadow had been damaged, possible by a loose cow. Nev states he will go and fix it.
ii) Priory Way improvements.
Heather states the contractors can start the work week commencing 22nd September so she will contact Mr Bull re access. Nev confirmed the size of the post required is 6x6 so Heather will order that from Steve Cresswell. It is proposed to buy some yellow plastic post tops for way marking the route. Liz and Heather will speak to Mr Parnell re the broken stile which he has temporarily fixed to keep his stock in but which currently blocks the path.
12. Minute Number 783/14/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
i) Broken bench
Liz states the bench in from of Cote Close is broken and beyond repair. She asked Maurice to confirm it is beyond repair.
Permissive Path Sign
Liz states the sign showing the permissive path has been ordered and will be installed as soon as it is delivered.
ii) Broken Wheelbarrows
Liz reports that there are 3 wheelbarrows at the back of the parish rooms all broken and beyond repair and asks for permission to dispose of them. Permission given.
13. Minute Number 784/14/FPG – Wildlife Database (Please bring your sightings sheets)
Liz and Nev handed their sighting sheet to Joan for updating.
14. Minute Number 785/14FPG – Date of Next Meeting and Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Parish Rooms, Findern on Thursday 2nd October 2014 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Anne Evans.
[ Go Back ]