The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Parish Rooms, Lower Green on Thursday, 2nd July 2015 commencing at 7 pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. Declarations of members interests (Parish Councillors)
3. To confirm the minutes of the previous meeting(s)
4. Finance and Fundraising
5. Communications and Notifications
Request for site meeting re tidying up the office/store cupboard in the parish rooms
6. Reports from Sub Groups
7. Reports and evaluations from other meetings/events attended
Hatton Parish Council meeting Tuesday 9th June 2015
Health and Safety Training with C&RT Friday 12th June 2015
Findern Village Fete Saturday 20th June 2015
Wildflower Walk Thursday 25th June 2015
8. Project Planning
Butterfly Transect 2015
9. Event Planning
Visit of Eco class Findern Primary School Wednesday 15th July 2015
Teddy Bears Picnic Wednesday 2nd September 2015
Fun on the Green Wednesday 28th October 2015
10. Public Rights of Way Reports
11. Wildlife Site Management
Update on leases Stanhope Wood and Stanhope Hole Conservation Area.
12. Wildlife Database
13. To confirm the date of the next meeting.
|Minutes: || |
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 2nd July 2015 at the Parish Rooms, Findern commencing at 7 pm
Present: Heather Hall (Chair), Jan Ashford, Wendy Hithersay, Janet Macdonald, Sheila Hughes, Liz Lenton, Frances Prockter, Chandra Sekhar, Nev Froggatt and Cllr Brian Goodall.
At the start of the meeting Heather welcomed new member Chandra to the group.
1. Minute Number 899/15/FPG - To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Mary Ross MBE, Joan Tidy, Anne Evans and Ian Humphries.
2. Minute Number 900/15/FPG - Declaration of members’ interests (Parish Councillors)
There were no Declarations of members’ interests. Cllr Maurice Johnson has resigned as the Parish Council’s representative on the group and Cllr Brian Goodall has replaced him. Heather proposed sending Maurice a card and all agreed.
3. Minute Number 901/15/FPG – To confirm the minutes of the meeting on 4th June 2015
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 4th June 2015 were circulated and approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 902/15/FPG – Finance and Fundraising
Finance : The balance of the Current Account is £3,759.86 and the balance of the Reserve Account is £5,017.48.
i) Wendy sought members’ views about the shop – should it be run down or kept going? A profit of £102 was made at the fete. There is some stock that is slow moving however if the shop is to keep going then more of the popular items such as bubble wands needs to be bought. It was decided to keep the shop going and Wendy would carry out a stock-take of all items and bring this to the August meeting with a proposal of what items need to be bought. Action : agenda item for August meeting.
ii) Costings had been obtained for two types of replacement Butterfly Nets – Aerial nets as used previously and pocket spring-steel nets with an additional bag. It was decided to buy two of the Aerial Nets at a cost of £13.35 each ex VAT. Heather will look for the butterfly pots. Action : two Aerial Nets to be purchased; Heather to follow up butterfly pots.
5. Minute Number 903/15/FPG – Communications and Notifications
i) Request for site meeting re tidying up the office/store cupboard Parish Rooms Friday 3rd July 10am – Wendy, Mary, Clare and Chandra are attending
ii) Canal and River Trust Summer Trips for Volunteers – Janet and Heather (and possibly Frances) would like to go on the Museum Visit and Boat Trip at Foxton Locks on Tuesday 21st July. Action: Heather to reply to Tom Freeland.
iii) An e-mail had been received from Derby Pride Academy asking if the group could provide volunteering opportunities for students every Friday afternoon during the academic year. After discussion it was agreed that we haven’t sufficient members or work regularly available to fulfil this request sustainably. Action : Heather to reply to the e-mail
iv) Nev has e-mailed Tom Freeland for information as to whether the signs on the towpath should be metal or wood. They are to be wood and Nev is awaiting information as to where they can be obtained.
v) Frances informed the group about the Big Path Watch which is being promoted by the Ramblers Association. It involves surveying paths within a 1km square using an app. Action : Frances will download the app and bring further information to the August meeting.
6. Minute Number 904/15/FPG – Reports from Sub Groups
7. Minute Number 905/15/FPG – Reports/Evaluations from other meetings/events attended
i) Hatton Parish Council meeting Tuesday 9th June 2015 – Joan and Heather attended. There was discussion as to how Findern Footpaths Group had formed and also developments at the Nestle factory which may provide a possibility of land for a wild flower meadow.
ii) Health and Safety Training with C&RT Friday 12th June 2015 – Joan and Heather attended this which was held at the Stenson Bubble. It was very useful and included sessions on rescuing people from the canal, CPR, risk assessments and use of protective clothing.
iii) Findern Village Fete Saturday 20th June 2015 – the group had a stall at this event. A donation from the group has been requested by the Fete Committee. A donation of £10 was agreed. Nev reminded members that a plan is required for future events so that it is clear what equipment is required and who is doing what in advance of the event. Action : Heather to contact Adrian Bird re who to make the cheque for the donation out to.
iv) Wildflower Walk Thursday 25th June 2015 – 17 members of the group and public attended this event which was led by Debbie Alston. It was a very informative and pleasant evening.
8. Minute Number 906/15/FPG – Project Planning
Butterfly Transect 2015 – rota completed until next meeting.
9. Minute Number 907/15/FPG – Event Planning
i) Visit of Eco class Findern Primary School Wednesday 15th July 2015 – Mrs Preston from the school is bringing a group of children to walk some of the wildlife sites and towpath. It will commence at 9am on Lower Green. Heather will attend and possible Liz and Janet. Heather will compile a list of items for the children to spot.
ii) Teddy Bears Picnic Wednesday 2nd September 2015 – this is being held on King George V Playing Fields on Heath Lane. The group is running it in conjunction with SDDC Sports Mobile. Nev asked for donations of old/spare Teddy Bears. Nev suggested that the Teddy bears Picnic element is for the younger children and would comprise a ‘tour’ of several stages with different activities. Action : agenda item for August meeting; ? Events group to meet to plan further.
iii) Fun on the Green Wednesday 28th October 2015 – Heather to confirm with Mr Lister whether he is bringing his animals. Wendy will ask Bridget if she is storytelling. Nev will contact Andy Laxton as to whether he is able to attend. Action : planning for the event to be an agenda item at August meeting.
10. Minute Number 908/15/FPG – Public Rights of Way Reports
Priory Way - Heather has discovered that the field past the stables belongs to Vauxhall Garage and has spoken with Mr Johnson from the garage. He is happy to have the wooden gate replaced with a galvanised steel kissing gate. The Parish Council has agreed to fund this. Action ; Heather to liaise with Mr Heath re the replacement .
11. Minute Number 909/15/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
i) Update on leases Stanhope Wood and Stanhope Hole Conservation Area – a letter has been sent to Mr Bird, the new owner, and a reply is awaited.
ii) It was suggested that weekly evening trips be planned in order to keep stiles and seats clear of nettles, brambles etc. Action : dates arranged are Friday 10th July and Friday 17th July. For both evening meet 7pm at Lower Green bringing secateurs, gloves and waste bags.
12. Minute Number 910/15/FPG – Wildlife Database
Nev suggested that any sighting additional to butterflies could be noted when the butterfly transects are being carried out.
13. Minute Number 911/15/FPG – Date of next meeting and Chair