Date of Meeting
The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Parish Rooms, Lower Green on Thursday, 1st October 2015 commencing at 7 pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
Canal and River Trust Annual Public Meeting Tuesday 29th September 2015
SDDC Pond creation workshop Rosliston Forestry Centre Wednesday 30th September 2015
Signage Trent and Mersey Canal Towpath
Accuracy of mapping/Big Path Watch
Green Dog Walking Scheme
3 year plan to eradicate Himalayan Balsam Trent and Mersey canal towpath
Bat Box Check Saturday 24th October 2015
Fun on The Green Wednesday 28th October 2015
SDDC Environmental Open Forum Tuesday 24th November 2015 7-9pm Repton
Update re Parish Council’s bid to purchase Stanhope Wood and Stanhope Hole Conservation Area
Wildlife Site All Saints’ Churchyard
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 1st October 2015 at the Parish Rooms, Findern commencing at 7 pm
1. Minute Number 938/15/FPG - To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Ian Humphries, Mary Ross MBE and
2. Minute Number 939/15/FPG - Declaration of members’ interests (Parish Councillors)
There were no Declarations of members’ interests.
3. Minute Number 940/15/FPG - To confirm the minutes of the meeting on 3rd September
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 3rd September 2015 were circulated and approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 941/15/FPG - Finance and Fundraising
5. Minute Number 942/15/FPG - Communications and Notifications
i) Heather has received a communication from All Saints Church inviting us to take part in their annual Christmas Tree Festival. This is to run from 5th to 9th December and the church will be open to set up the displays on 3rd December. It was agreed to accept the invitation and to purchase a real tree for decoration and after the festival it will be planted on one of our wildlife sites. Jan will liaise with the church re the maximum size of tree and she, Anne, Janet, Liz, Sheila and Frances will do the decoration on a nature theme.
Resolved: This event is to be added to the next agenda for update
ii) An email has been received from the National Forest Walking Festival 2016 who had a specific request from the Chairman of the SDDC to put on a sponsored walk at Mercia Marina in aid of his 2 main charities to launch the festival. The walk is to be held on Saturday 14th May and is in aid of Rainbows Hospice for Children and SSAFA (Soliders, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association). All members agreed to support this event and Jan and Frances volunteered to liaise with the Festival committee and attend meetings on behalf of the group.
Resolved: This event is to be added to the next agenda for update.
6. Minute Number 943/15/FPG – Reports and Evaluations from other meetings/events attended
i) Canal and River Trust Annual Public Meeting Tuesday 29th September 2015
Heather and Janet attended this event which was held at Barton Marina. They met lots of other groups and enjoyed a very good buffet.
ii) SDDC Pond creation workshop Rosliston Forestry Centre Wednesday 30th
Joan and Jan attended and met with Kate and her team who showed them t
7. Minute Number 944/15/FPG – Project Planning
i) Signage Trent and Mersey Canal Towpath
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda for update.
ii) Accuracy of mapping/Big Path Watch
Heather has contacted Lin Taylor, Footpaths Officer at DCC, reference a query on Priory Way and is waiting to hear back from her. As there are anomalies on other Findern footpaths Jan and Frances would also like to meet the Footpaths Officer and Heather will try to arrange a site meeting. Frances says she has still not been able to access the Big Path Watch app.
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda for update.
iii) Green Dog Walking Scheme
Heather explained the aims of the Scheme and stated she has spoken to the Parish Council who agreed it is a good idea. Heather will contact the Scheme and get it up and running in Findern.
iv) 3 year plan to eradicate Himalayan Balsam Trent and Mersey Canal towpath
As the Balsam is finished now and our next efforts at getting rid of it will be in the spring this item is to be added to the March agenda to get a plan up and running.
Resolved: This item is to be added to the March agenda for discussion
8. Minute Number 945/15/FPG – Event Planning
i) Bat Box Check Saturday 24th October 2015
Members are to meet members of the Derbyshire Bat Conservation Group at the Nadee at 10 am. Frances, Heather, Liz L, Joan, Sheila and Graham all volunteered to attend.
ii) Fun on the Green Wednesday 28th October 2015
Crazy Critters, RSPB and Face Painting are all confirmed. Heather will create a ‘touchy feely’ box and she and Janet will attend the Schools Library Service for more displays/crafts. Heather suggested we tryto get Greenwood Days to come along and demonstrate some willow weaving. Anne agreed to man the shop and as some of the stock has been held for some time she will have a ‘SALE’ and offer some of the items at a reduced price. It was also noted that the children had a really good time on the hay bales obstacle course and Heather agreed to speak to Mr Hicklin.
Resolved: Joan to email Greenwood Days.
iii) SDDC Environmental Open Forum Tuesday 24th November Repton Village Hall
This event takes place indoors and runsfrom 7-9pm and will include workshops on Media/Publicity, Risk Assessment and Leading Groups outdoors.
Resolved: This item is to be added to the next agenda to discuss numbers and transport arrangements.
9. Minute Number 946/15/FPG –Public Rights of Way Reports
10. Minute Number 947/15/FPG –Wildlife Site Management
i) Update re Parish Council’s bid to purchase Stanhope Wood and Stanhope Hole Conservation Area
No further update but it is hoped to hear something at next week’s Parish Council meeting.
ii) Wildlife Site All Saints’ Churchyard
Heather states the hedg ehog box needs re-covering and other members offered to help. Jan states there should be plenty of leaves and twigs in the churchyard itself.
11. Minute Number 948/15/FPG – Wildlife Database
Joan reported seeing a dead Shrew between Hicklin’s Bridge and the railway bridge this morning. Liz L reported seeing 2 Comma Butterflies and Heather 2 Red Admiral Butterflies. Members are reminded that sightings need to go to Janet for updating onto the spreadsheet and to Joan for the website.
12. Minute Number 949/15/FPG – Date of next meeting and Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Parish Rooms, Findern on Thursday 5th November 2015 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Heather Hall
[ Go Back ]