The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Parish Rooms, Lower Green on Thursday, 2nd June 2016, commencing at 7 pm. The press and public are cordially invited to attend.
- To receive apologies for absence
- Declarations of members interests (Parish Councillors)
- To confirm the minutes of the previous meeting(s)
- Finance and Fundraising
Proposal for official group Christmas Card
- Communications and Notifications
- Reports and evaluations from other meetings/events attended
Willington Annual Parish Meeting 10th May 2016
3 Marinas Charity Walk 14th May 2016
Installation of finger posts at Hicklin’s Bridge and Nadee on the canal towpath
- Project Planning
Butterfly transect rota
Eradication of Himalayan Balsam from the canal towpath
- Event Planning
Findern Village Fete Saturday 25th June 2016
Installing ‘adoption signs’ on Trent and Mersey canal towpath
Proposal for a group barbecue
Bug Hunt with Findern Pre School
Fun on the Green Wednesday 26th October 2016
- Public Rights of Way Reports
Priory Way (to include meeting with landowner and costing for alternate route signs)
- Wildlife Site Management
Update re Stanhope Wood and Stanhope Hole Conservation Area
- Wildlife Database
- To confirm the date of the next meeting.
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 2nd June 2016
at the Parish Rooms, Findern commencing at 7 pm
Present: Nev Froggatt (chair), Sheila Hughes, Liz Lenton, Janet Macdonald, Jan Ashford
1. Minute Number 1027/16/FPG - To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Heather Hall, Joan Tidy, Mary Ross MBE, Graham White,
Frances Prockter, Cllr Brian Goodall, Ian Humphries and Anne Evans.
2. Minute Number 1028/16/FPG - Declaration of members’ interests (Parish Councillors)
There were no members present.
3. Minute Number 1029/16/FPG – To confirm the minutes of the meeting on 4th May 2016
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on Wednesday 4th May 2016 were circulated, agreed and
4. Minute Number 1030/16/FPG – Finance and Fundraising
(i) Payments - DD £35.94 for website maintenance and a cheque for £13.90 for wildflower seeds.
(ii) Receipts - cheque for £385 minor maintenance payment received from Findern Parish Council and
paid into current account. Interest on reserve account 0.20p
(iii) Current account stands at £2901.02p. Reserve account £5019.37p
(iv) Two yearly renewal of Website domain name is due this month. Last time it cost £28.78 plus an
additional £11.98 to stop our card details going out into the public domain. Joan is trying to set
up a direct debit so it should cost less.
(i) Proposal for an official Findern Footpaths Group Christmas card – due to the small number of
people attending this was deferred to the next meeting.
Action : agenda item for July meeting
5. Minute Number 1031/16/FPG – Communications and Notifications
All emails received forwarded to members.
Action : to add to July agenda - wildlife talks by Chris Hobson – to discuss whether to put
on these on during the winter
6. Minute Number 1032/16/FPG – Reports and Evaluations
(i) Willington Annual Parish Meeting 10th May 2016 - due to unforeseen circumstances Heather and
Janet were unable to be at this meeting.
(ii) 3 Marinas Charity Walk 14th May 2016 - this was part of the National Forest Walking Festival and
this particular walk was supporting the Chairman of SDDC’s charities of Rainbows Hospice and
SSAFA. 18 members of the public attended so there were two groups – one led by Frances
and Janet and one led by Joan and Jan.
Joan has sent off the walk leader form.
(iii) Installation of finger posts at Hicklin’s Bridge and the Nadee on the canal towpath - these were
installed on May 16th 2016.
7. Minute Number 1033/16/FPG – Project Planning
(i) Butterfly Transect rota - see attached.
(ii) Eradication of Himalayan Balsam from the canal towpath - due to the current commitments of
members present this was deferred to the next meeting.
Action : to be added to the agenda of the July meeting.
8. Minute Number 1034/16/FPG – Event Planning
(i) Findern Village Fete Saturday 25th June 2016 - Frances, Heather and Graham are available to
help. It had been agreed previously that we will have a bran tub, Hook-a-Duck and Pick-a-Pen.
Action : Jan to e-mail Frances, Heather and Graham.
Update : Jan has spoken with Heather who has spoken to Adrian Bird re our events and
will liaise with Frances and Graham.
(ii) Installing of ‘adoption signs’ on the Trent and Mersey Canal towpath - it was agreed that we ask
Heather to suggest the date of 16th July 2016 if she is available. Nev suggested that they be
sited by the recently installed finger posts.
Action : Jan to ask Heather to action.
(iii) Proposal for a group barbecue - some members have kindly offered the use of their garden as a
Action : to decide a date at the July meeting
(iv) Bug Hunt with Findern Pre School - Nev suggests that this take place at Cardales Meadow. He is
liaising with the preschool Leader as to a date.
(v) Fun on the Green Wednesday 28th October 2016 - Willow weaving, Crazy Critters, Face Painting
and Bridget have all confirmed. Derbyshire Wildlife Trust is unable to attend. Nev will check
with Claire re insurance for toasting marshmallows on a BBQ.
Action : Nev to check insurance with Claire for marshmallows.
9. Minute Number 1035/16/FPG – Public Rights of Way Reports
Priory Way : no report
10. Minute Number 1036/16/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
(i) Mowing/maintenance rota - this mainly concerns Cardales Meadow and Cote Close
Action : deferred to next meeting due to low number of members present.
(ii) Update re Stanhope Wood and Stanhope Hole Conservation Area - no report
11. Minute Number 1037/16/FPG – Wildlife Database
All sightings received have been entered on the database.
12. Minute Number 1038/16/FPG – Date of Next Meeting and Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Parish Rooms, Findern on Thursday 7th July 2016
commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Nev Froggatt