The next meeting of the Footpaths Group will be held in the Methodist Chapel, Lower Green
on Thursday, 6th October 2016, commencing at 7 pm. The press and public are cordially
invited to attend.
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. Declarations of members interests (Parish Councillors)
3. To confirm the minutes of the previous meeting(s)
4. Finance and Fundraising
5. Communications and Notifications
6. Reports from Sub Groups
Hours of work carried out by the Payback Team
Hours of work carried out on the canal towpath
Loss of the Parish Rooms
Official Group Christmas card
7. Reports and evaluations from other meetings/events attended
Hillside Playing Field improvements
8. Event Planning
Fun on the Green Wednesday 26th October 2016
9. Public Rights of Way Reports
10. Wildlife Site Management
Mowers for Payback Team
Update re Stanhope Wood and Stanhope Hole Conservation Area
11 Xmas Card Vista Print
12 Offer of a bench by George at Nadee
13 Future of Group i.e.meeting place and possible change of dayFindern Parish Clerk, Parish Rooms, Lower Green, Findern, Derbyshire DE65 6AD Tel: 01283 702732
14 Wildlife Database
15 To confirm the date of the next meeting.
Minutes of the Findern Parish Council Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 6th October 2016
at the Methodist Chapel, Findern commencing at 7 pm
Present: Heather Hall (chair), Richard Berrington, Liz Lenton, Frances Prockter, Jan Ashford, Janet
Macdonald, Sheila Hughes, Anne Evans
1. Minute Number 1078/16/FPG - To receive apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from Joan Tidy, Brian Goodall, Ian Humphries, Graham White,
Mary Ross MBE
2. Minute Number 1079/16/FPG - Declaration of members’ interests (Parish Councillors)
There were no Declarations of members’ interests.
3. Minute Number 1080/16/FPG – To confirm the minutes of the previous meeting
Minutes of the Footpaths Group meeting held on Thursday 1st September 2016 were circulated and
approved as a true record.
4. Minute Number 1081/16/FPG – Finance and Fundraising
Nil to report, Joan will report at the next meeting.
Nil to report
5. Minute Number 1082/16/FPG – Communications and Notifications
(i) An e-mail has been received inviting attendance at the next National Forest Walking Festival walk
leader meeting. The group are not leading a walk next year.
Action : Jan to liaise with Joan re contacting Tor to this effect.
(ii) Heather has e-mailed The Canal and River Trust to enquire as to the replacements for our
previous contacts of Tom Freeland and Barry Keight in order that we can continue the ongoing
work of replacing the boardwalk etc.282
6. Minute Number 1083/16/FPG – Reports from Sub Groups
(i) Hours of work carried out by the Payback Team : 25 hours were carried out on 3rd September
and 40 hours on 17th September making a total of 65 hours for the month. As the Parish Rooms
are no longer available, the team are using the Village Hall for having their breaks when it is
available and Brook Close Community Room otherwise.
(ii) Hours of work carried out on the canal towpath : 6 hours by Heather
(iii) Loss of the Parish Rooms : All of the group equipment etc is now stored in a garage at Willow
Court. It was agreed that Lynette can also store some of the History Group paperwork there. At
present the group has paid the rental of £40 per month for the garage until December. Murrays
Undertakers have approached Heather with an offer of accommodation – Heather will contact
Lyndsay, who is running the Tearooms in the Parish Rooms, has agreed that we can meet
there but she will need to be on the premises and thus on a Monday, Thursday or Friday
evening. It was agreed to continue to meet on Thursday evenings.
(iv) Official Group Christmas card : Heather has asked Nev if he will send the proposed Christmas
Card but has not yet received anything.
7. Minute Number 1084/16/FPG – Reports and Evaluations from other meetings etc.
Hillside Playing Field Improvements : This has been instigated by Dawn Foote and Abby Litting from
the village. A presentation took place recently in the Village Hall and included the survey of trees and
plants carried out by the group. Currently they are trying to access grants to fund the improvements.
During the first two weeks of November Tesco at Mickleover have three Community Projects for people to
vote to support and the Playing Fields Improvements is one of these.
8. Minute Number 1085/16/FPG – Event Planning
Fun on the Green Wednesday 26th October 2016 : activities include crafts, falcons, willow weaving, face
painting, guess where the bones go?, quiz. Richard is making some posters to advertise the event. It was
agreed to put it on Findern Facebook page (Richard), send to Kate Allies for Findern Footpaths Group
Facebook page (Jan), send flyers to the nursery, preschool, kiddiclub and the village school.
Heather has e-mailed Andy re gazebos etc and is awaiting a reply.
This will probably be the last Fun on the Green run by the group due to reduced number of volunteers and
loss of venue.
Agreed to meet at 10m on The Green to set up.
Action : Richard to put on Findern Facebook page, Jan to contact Kate Allies re putting on FFG
9. Minute Number 1086/16/FPG – Public Rights of Way Reports
Priory Way : Heather has spoken to the farmer re the direction board and bridge at the Littleover end of
this footpath. The bridge may be taken out and replaced with a pipe.
A working party from the group cleared the stiles and gates along the footpath recently.
10. Minute Number 1087/16/FPG – Wildlife Site Management
(i) Mowing/Maintenance Rota : the payback team have mowed this week.283
Frances has had the mowers in the garage inspected by R. Massey and Sons Limited and the quotes
were circulated to members. The quotes for repair are without guarantee of the condition of the engine and
it was agreed that when compared with the replacement cost the group would recommend to the Parish
Council that they be replaced rather than repaired.
(ii) Update re Stanhope Wood and Stanhope Hole Conservation Area : no updates
11. Minute Number 1089/16/FPG – Xmas Card Vista Print
See Item 6 (iv) of these minutes.
12. Minute Number 1090/16/FPG – Offer of a bench by George at Nadee
George has offered to sponsor a bench on the towpath. Heather will liaise with him.
13. Minute Number 1091/16/FPG – Future of Group (meeting place and time of day)
See Item 6 (iii) of these minutes
14. Minute Number 1092/16/FPG – Wildlife Database
Janet continues to collate these.
15. Minute Number 1093/16/FPG – Date of Next Meeting and Chair
Resolved: The next meeting will be held in the Methodist Chapel, Findern on Thursday 3rd
November 2016 commencing at 7pm and will be chaired by Heather Hall